Friday 21 June 2013

Review: Dr. Jart Water Fuse BB Beauty Balm

Dr. Jart Water Fuse BB Beauty Balm has been both raved about and slated by various bloggers. The concept is a multifunctional base which hydrates, controls oil, evens skin tone and minimises pores.

I tend to be fairly lazy with make-up in summer so a high SPF combined with light, natural looking coverage in one-step sounded very appealing. Despite the mixed reviews, I decided to try it out since it was on offer for £9 (buy here) compared to the usual £18.

In my experience, the product lives up to the claim to of giving skin a "dewy, fresh look". It is not the highest coverage BB cream that I've tried, but does reduce the appearance of pores and even out redness. Personally, I apply this with my fingers to give a natural, even finish.

The Water Fuse Beauty Balm is also highly hydrating whilst being oil free, which makes it perfect for combination skin.  Unlike other BB creams I've tried, it isn't greasy, but gives the skin a smooth, satin-like texture. With SPF 25, the product is a good alternative to suncream, which tends to be very oily.

The only problem with this product is the that comes in only one shade, so I'd recommend swatching it yourself before picking it up. It is the tiniest bit too dark for my very pale skin, however, I think I can get away with it in summertime and, as you can see in the picture, it is not very noticeable when blended in.

I believe there are also 3 other BB creams in the Dr. Jart range which target different skin types if you're interested in picking one up. 

Are you a fan of BB creams? What's your favourite brand?





No comments:

Post a Comment